Sunday, December 7, 2014



Drowned in Alcohol

acrylic painting 20” x 161



" This is my story. I escaped from violence and hostilities of tribal wars.

I was airlifted from a refugee campus in Africa. I reached the Golden Gate of Endless of Opportunities. On it was inscribed welcome to America.

I became inexplicably ecstatic from immensity of Freedom that I had to experience for the first time in my life. I got lost and confused about my priorities. I communicated with the wrong crowd. I gave up my will to the influence of the modern culture which says" It is ok to drink alcohol, party and use drugs"

I became captive by this addiction. I am realizing now that is not what freedom stands for. I will look for help and get my life back and sober "

In devotion to immigrants who get caught in addictive substances.

In devotion to immigrants

osmanart

No comments:

Post a Comment