Thursday, July 17, 2014

Facial palsy.

Bell's Palsy / Facial Palsy/" Af Qalooc"
Medical Portrait, acrylic 22" x 18"
Completed today July 17th 2014.

I felt very distressed today.
I don't think I should be able to report to my job.
When I approached the mirror in my bathroom
I saw the left side of my face as if being pulled downward.
The angle of my mouth was drooping
I lost my sense of taste therefore I could not brush my teeth.
My right eye was shut and felt quite dry.
I was caught by a a storm of a panic sensation.
I thought I I stroked.
I called my doctor for an urgent consultation.
He reassured me that it was facial nerve paralysis namely facial nerve. .
It is caused by a virus.and therefore requires no specific treatment.
He coached me some exercise that would enhance my recovery.
I felt after that how precious is to be healthy.

osmanart

1 comment: