Saturday, January 26, 2013

I Am Opium
My name is Opium.
I look gorgeous in the field.
I am cultivated by farmers.
I intend no harm to human.

I am old as old as the Neolithic Age.
I allowed healers to do painless procedures.
I helped the Assyrians and Babylonians.
I helped the ancient Greeks and Romans.
I am known to major civilizations on earth.
I am known as a universal reliever of pain.

My name is opium.
Morphine is a core part of my structure.
Codeine and thebaine are also part of my structure.
From thebaine other popular drugs are synthesized.
Patients are familiar with percocet, lorcet, vicodin, methadone
Percodan, dilaudid and so on.
They are synthetic derivatives of thebain.










Doctors feel relieved about my presence as a pain reliever.
I am in all apotheques.
Doctors’ prescription is the only requirement to acquire me.
I am affordable in the pharmacies but expensive to acquire on the streets.

Doctors feel concerned about me being used as a recreational drug.
Doctors are concerned about me causing violence everywhere.
Doctors are concerned about me causing physical addiction.
Doctors are concerned about me causing psychological addiction.
I would like to let you know that I am innocent

A feeling of delicious ease and comfort is part of my effects on human.
People get addicted to these effects.
P:eople will strive to achieve such effect
People will do any thing to achieve such effect.
I am innocent.
I am just a pain reliever.

Dr Mohamed Osman, MD
Physician & Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment